Welcome back to episode 2!
We’ll be talking about some of our back to school prep, and hear some of Shaun’s perspective as well.
Main Topic: Back to School!
Our second year
Our school choice (why Montessori)
- Child-lead learning
- Food in the classrooms/curriculum
- Same teacher for 3yrs (Letter to Shaun’s Teacher)
- Surprised by unexpected lottery selection
- No Med Forms Prepared
- No 504 in place
- Didn’t know the teacher(s)
- But no lunch (1/2 day to start)
- 504 Setup (and revised from the initial plan)
- We know the teacher (Same teacher multiple years at Montessori)
- We knew it was happening and had time to plan
- We know what he needs
*We’ve already established our network of allies*
Allies (will be a recurring theme)
- Why make them?
- How to make them
- Offer Help
- Thank them!
- Teachers, Staff, Nurse(s), PTA, Students)
*Set the tone!*
You will likely be working with these people for years. So it is helpful not to start off with a relationship on a contentious note.
Shaun weighs in.
Senator Blumenthal’s Press Conference.
- Link to the press conference (Link)
- See minute 16:20 for Linda and Shaun
- Great experience for Shaun!
P.S. Apologies if you can hear the Bluejay squawking outside our window, he was not cool.
AoA Info & Support Links
If you enjoy our content and would like to support us, you can do so with one of the options below:
You can also check out our social media outlets: