Welcome to Episode 8! This week it’s all about eczema. We dive into our journey through it, what forms it can take, and some of our tips and tactics for dealing with it. As always, we’re not doctors or trained medical professionals. All of the tools and things we used/still used were provided by our doctors and medical care team, We ALWAYS recommend that you consult your doctors and care team before doing anything.
October is National Eczema Awareness Month
- The primary goal is to raise awareness
- Eczema is part of the Atopic triad
- What is eczema?
- American Academy of Dermatology has some great resources
Eczema is part of Shaun’s Story
- Our first and earliest indication that Shaun might have food allergies
- We went to a dermatologist before we ever saw an allergist
- An infant with eczema + winter (and no G.I. symptoms) was presumed to just be eczema
Care Plans (of which there are MANY)
- Over the counter
- Breast Milk
- Natural Options
- Coconut Oil
- Sea Salt Baths
- Prescription Topicals (Creams/Ointments/Oils)
- Wet Wraps (also sometimes referred to as “Soak & Seal”)
- Oral Medications
- Formula (Prescription & refined)
What we do now (maintenance)
Linda’s Sen. Blumenthal & Sen. Lesser Roundtable about drug pricing and legislation.
AoA Info & Support Links
If you enjoy our content and would like to support us, you can do so below:
You can also check out our social media outlets:
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure for more info.