Welcome back to episode 13 where we talk all about Thanksgiving and navigating holidays in general with food allergies 🙂
- Our Thanksgiving
- We talk about what our thanksgiving looks like and how it has evolved over the years
- How we plan and move around on a holiday
- Some things we pack and bring with us
- Practical Aspects of Thanksgiving with Food Allergies
- Hosting vs Being a Guest
- Shop at odd times
- Make Lists
- Talk about expectations ahead of time
- Talk with your host (if you’re the guest)
- Cooking and Serving Strategies
- Try to make only one iteration of each dish
- Emotional Aspects of Thanksgiving with Food Allergies
- Anger, Worry, Fear, etc.
- Loss of traditional foods -> and the sadness that can bring
- It’s OK to have those feelings
- 3 Things that help(ed) us with the emotions
- Focus on the meaning of the holiday
- Food matters less than being together
- Focus on building & sharing new traditions
We actually get to hear a tiny bit from Shaun this week about what he thinks about thanksgiving!
Tina Beal’s listener question number 2!
AoA Info & Support Links
If you enjoy our content and would like to support us, you can do so below:
You can also check out our social media outlets:
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure for more info.